In the online advertising world, there are a few types of traffic that you can generate. There’s paid search traffic, organic search traffic, and then there’s native traffic. Native traffic is currently in high demand among advertisers. But what is native traffic? How can you generate a profit from it?
Have you ever scrolled on Instagram and double-tapped an image of a fluffy cat only to realize it was a cat food ad? You thought it was a cute picture of a cat! That is an example of how native traffic works. If the ad matches the look and feel of the media format content, it is easy to see why readers may click on it.
Native traffic is a great way to increase awareness of your company, promote products or services, and generate leads. This will help you make more money! In this article, we will go over native traffic and how you can use it for success.
What is native advertising? How does it work?
Native advertising is a form of online advertising that blends in with the rest of the content. It’s not an ad in the traditional sense where you see a big, flashy banner or box at the top of the page. Instead, it looks like regular content. But it’s been paid for by a company or organization. Publishers can generate higher clickthrough rates (CTRs) and better engagement by presenting ads that do not disrupt the overall user experience.
Native ads are often found on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Native ads are even seen on CNN and The Wall Street Journal. Advertisers pay for native traffic through a cost-per-click or cost-per-thousand-impressions scheme.
Benefits of native traffic over other types of traffic
Here are some reasons why you should consider using native advertising:
- Native traffic is non-intrusive. Users won’t feel like they’re being bombarded with ads. That way, they can still enjoy their experience on your site.
- Native traffic has higher engagement rates than banner ads and non-native social media content. It generates higher CTRs and conversion rates, which means more money for you.
- Native traffic is less likely to be blocked by ad blockers because it looks like regular content.
- Native traffic can be customized to match the look and feel of your website or social media page. This makes it more visually appealing to users.
How to generate a profit from native advertising
There are different ways that you can generate a profit from native advertising:
- Use Facebook or Instagram for your campaign. There are plenty of people spending time on these sites every day.
- Create a blog post related to your product or services. Then, place native ads within the text at different points throughout the article.
- Partner with a website in exchange for publishing your native ads on their site
Examples of successful native advertising campaigns
Over the years, we have seen creative native ads that have gotten attention and generated profits for their creators. In 2014, Netflix ran an advertisement in the New York Times for the American political drama “House of Cards” on the same day as the actual US Presidential election.
The ad looked like any other article about politics, but it was an advertisement for the show. The campaign showed an outstanding result on social media. It also drew millions of viewers for the drama’s premiere.
Another great example is the “Instagram vs. Reality” campaign by Australian jeans brand, Cotton On. The company created videos that show what people look like when they post pictures of themselves on social media compared to their real-life appearance.
This was not only humorous but also highly relatable for many users who could relate to being self-conscious about their appearance sometimes.
How to get started with native advertising
Start by creating content that is relevant to your audience and aligns with the product or service you want to advertise. For example, if you sell shoes, then write about how important it is for athletes to have good footwear during workouts or games so they can perform at their best.
From there, find a place to publish your content where your target audience is likely to be spending time online. This could be a social media platform like Facebook or Instagram, or even a popular website that caters to your demographic.
As always, test and measure the results of your campaign so you can optimize it for better performance.
Tips for creating your own successful native advertising campaign
- Keep your ads short and sweet. Make sure your ad can be consumed in under 5 seconds.
- Use attractive visuals that will catch people’s attention.
- Don’t use click bait headlines. Your headline should be relevant to your content without being misleading or sensationalized.
- Ensure you have a clear call to action. This way, people know what they’re supposed to do after reading it.
So there you have it! Native advertising is a great way to generate a profit from traffic that would otherwise go to waste. By creating relevant content and targeting the right audience, you can see great results in terms of engagement and conversion rates. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your next native advertising campaign today!